Seven years ago today, Mr. Right and I were married under a golden-hued Southern California sky.
In honor of that deliriously blissful day, I’ve compiled a list of seven things about my incredible husband that are still making me smile:
1. He still makes my heart skip a beat when he walks into the room.
2. He still does all kinds of little romantic things to let me know he cares— like leaving love notes for me before he heads off to work; bringing me flowers for no reason; and phoning me at least once a day just to say “I love you.”
3. He still has the best sense of humor and is forever cracking me up!
4. He still has a deep sense of compassion and is continually lending a helping hand to others.
5. He still loves my daughter as if she were his own, having embraced her with deep love and affection since she was six years old.
6. He still gets up every morning to make the coffee—huge smile
7. He still expresses his love for me openly and with abandon, fearlessly wearing his heart on his sleeve and forever telling me and anyone else who’ll listen that he’s the luckiest guy in the world.
How can I not smile with a list like that?! The truth is, I’m the luckiest girl in the world!
Wishing all a wonderful weekend! Hope you find countless reasons to smile!
“When you are loved, your heart rushes forth in the joy of the dance of life.
Like someone who has been lost for years in a forgotten place,
you rejoice in being found…
When you are discovered, you then discover yourself.
It is quite touching to see love bring someone home so swiftly to herself.”
Beverly Hills Hotel, 6 July 2005
I am still rejoicing in being found—still rejoicing in the discovery of a love that is deep and true and unconditional. I remain baffled as to how my husband showed up at just the right time in my life, but I am so glad he did. A finer man I do not know—kind, compassionate, a gentleman through and through. When people ask me how we met I often joke that he fell from heaven. On this day that celebrates Love, I celebrate my husband—my love, my light, my favorite traveling companion. Cheers to the amazing road ahead!
Wishing all who stop by love and blessings today and everyday—Happy Valentine’s Day!