The fine print:
*Post seven interesting things about myself
*Nominate other bloggers who I feel deserve the award
*Let them know about the nomination
1. While I was in college I wrote, produced, directed, and acted in a half-hour drama for Public Television. It aired in three states and was quite a high for a young college student. Unfortunately, I lost my only copy of the videotape when I graduated and headed off to work at my first job. Wish I could get my hands on a copy of it today—I would probably cringe :-)
2. I rode my bike to work. When I started my first job out of college as an on-air reporter and anchor I couldn’t afford to buy a car. For three months I packed my TV-clothes in my backpack and rode my bike to the television station, changing into my superwoman attire once I got to work. Thankfully, it was summertime. When September rolled around, I was able to trade in two wheels for four.
3. I did the weather. When I first started out in TV news my duties included reporting, anchoring, shooting and editing my pieces, and yes, standing in front of that big, bad weather board talking about cold fronts and high pressure systems. In other words, I did it all. Thankfully no one ever asked me to walk their dog or pick up their dry cleaning!
4. It is very easy to make me laugh. During a newscast, while in the middle of reading a voiceover, my co-anchor attempted to make me laugh. I literally tried to employ every strategy I knew to keep from laughing—coughing, clearing my throat, stopping and starting my script—but in the end I failed to disguise the fact that I was choking back the laughter (think the Chuckles the Clown episode on the old Mary Tyler Moore Show). My little indiscretion was picked off by a local radio station and played on air for many, many, years :-)
5. I Love Carbs. A glass of wine just doesn’t taste as good without a huge basket of warm bread to go with it.
6. I have drawn and or done interior and exterior design on five homes. I have no formal architecture or design background, but I have been blessed with a carpenter’s eye and love the art of creating— anything. In this case it happened to be creating beautiful spaces for my family and I.
7. I am a creative to my core. If I’m not working on one artistic endeavor or another I am not happy. I’m currently working on two books—a memoir and an inspirational book about my mother. I’m also preparing to launch a fun project next month. Stay tuned :)
So many amazing blogs to choose from, but the rules only allow me to nominate 15. Here, in no particular order are my eclectic 15:
10. Gracefully 50
12. Cristian Mihai
14. Vintage Living
15. Scents Memory
Thanks so much for stopping by! Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Hope you find countless reasons to smile!